Saturday, December 3, 2011

Cliches done well


What can I say? It's awesome. I cried when I was watching this movie.

Ombak Rindu. The second novel that I read when I was in Form 1. I borrowed it from my primary school friend, Athirah for one year. ONE YEAR. One year because I had no chance meeting my friend since we went to different secondary school. I remembered that the novel condition was very poor. It was really pathetic with no cover. As a girl like me, I judged a book by it's cover. Seeing that novel without a front cover made me feel like not reading at all. But then, I read it because my friend said it's so good novel.

Yes, I admit. It's a very awesome novel that made me cry every time I read it. Even until today. Some may said it's a stupid novel. But for me, a great novel is a novel that succeed in making me cry. Therefore, this novel is the best.

Now, after 5 years later, the movie that adapted from this novel is now showing in cinema. And I got a chance to watch it with my friends. We went to Times Square right after we're done with our BTQ paper (2nd Dec 2011). There were actually eight of us. All girls. But my 4 other friends went first to Times Square since my friends and I went to have our breakfast first. Just because we didn't want to spend money on eating at TS.

From CFS IIUM to TS, we took a bus to KL Central and monorail from KL Central to Imbi. Then, we arrived safely in TS. TS and Imbi Monorail Station are connected, so we didn't need to walk so far. If you want to Low Yat, it's just the same. But Low Yat and the monorail station are not connected, you need to walk quite far to go there.

So, we went to buy tickets first since our 4 other friend lost in action. Okay, no. Just because they took LRT to KL Central, so they didn't know how to go Monorail Station. Monorail Station is outside the building of KL Central. At last, they took cab to TS and they arrived quite late.

We bought the tickets. The movie was going to start at 2.10 p.m. So when my four other friends arrived when we went to the food court because they didn't eat yet. After that, my four other friends went for shopping while we went for bowling at level 5.

Bowling was fun except the fact that I lost to my friend which is also my Kelantanese roommate. I got one strike but then my hand was really not good and also 'riak' made me lost after that. LOL.

When we done with bowling, we went to surau at level 7. Prayed zohor and then, we went to watch Ombak Rindu. FYI, that was my first time watching movie at cinema. Lame, hah?

Ok. The movie is GREAT. Even tough, the movie is not as good as the novel. Yelah, 2 hours je kut. So, don't give high expectation okay? Or else you will be disappointed.

First.
Latar tempat dalam novel adalah berbeza dari dalam movie.

Second.
Banyak part tak ada dalam movie. Part yang Izzah pergi sambung belajar. And many many more.

Third.
In the novel, Mail (Bront Palarae) is not really important character.

Fourth.
Filem ni tak dapat menunjukkan perbezaan masa. Means, entah macam mana tiba-tiba dah 2 tahun berlalu tapi tak de pun notis mengatakan dah dua tahun berlalu. Faham tak? Okay, tak pe.

Fifth.
Banyak dialog kelakar dan dialog Izzah (Maya Karin) macam bahasa melayu lama. Sungguh tak moden.

Sixth.
Hmm, apa lagi? Nak tahu tengoklah sendiri, okay?!

What I love about this movie?
Part Aaron Aziz nangis. Even tough, I know they are fake tears. LOL. Or they're real? Don't think so.

Okay, I think that's all.

Really want to share pictures but so lazy to upload them. If you wanna see pictures, click here

Have a great day.
Wassalam.

No comments:

Post a Comment